RE: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG

Subject: RE: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG
From: "Ross Bateman" <ross@rcsa.co.za>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:57:21 +0200
Hi

Just a follow up on my last mail.
The V6 and V8 options are starting to fly out the window.

Getting info is starting to prove near impossible, so imagine trying to find
support and spares.

For comparison sake, I found a Chevy 90deg V6 with gearbox for R3795.00
(South African Rands). A set of 40 thou over MG pistons with rings will cost
me R2000.00 without any machine work.

The new 4 cylinder option is starting to be appealing (for this afternoon
anyway) and I am starting to look at the Toyota Twin Cam 16 or 20 valve.

I assume this can not be to much of a problem as the Seven replicas use this
engine a lot so fitting it to a rear wheel drive must work.

How would one go about installing the harness for this kind of beast. Would
you require the whole donor engine harness or would you mate the Toyota
control harness to the MGB harness. (Sorry if my questions are a little
naive but I am new at this)

Does anybody have any links to this sort of conversion? Google is not my
friend today apart from finding a Midget with this type of conversion.

Thanks,

Ross