Re: Warping Left Front Brake Rotor

To: wellner.christian@navy.mil, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Warping Left Front Brake Rotor
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:13:08 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/2003 12:31:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wellner.christian@navy.mil writes:
    The only things left to do are replace the caliper and/or re-build the
brake
warning valve.  The warning valve doesn't work (no hooked up) but doesn't
leak.  Can this valve cause a warped rotor on the left side and not on the
right ??  Could I possibly have too little clearance on the brake light switch
with the brake lights working fine (going off when the pedal is released) ??

I doubt it is the valve.  Do you use a torque wrench when you mount the road
wheels?  If you just tighten the lugs like a gorilla (nothing personal!), you
may be warping the rotor.  A caliper that is not operating smoothly on both
pistons could also cause the problem.

Allen Hefner