Re: Warping Left Front Brake Rotor

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Warping Left Front Brake Rotor
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:45:24 +0200
Try this:
take a plastic coffe cup - one of very thin material.
Put this into boiling water and see what happens.
The plastic tries to reshape itself to its original shape - mostly thats
flat.

A very hot rotor suddenly cooled down at one perticular spot creates
material stress - so warping is the result.

Cheers,

Hans

Had Peugeot 505 sedans having warped rotors many times.... in the 80's