Re: Warped rotor

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Warped rotor
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 09:24:05 -0700
on 10/7/03 7:37 AM, Lou G at lgalper1@cox.net wrote:

> One sobering thought I recently read was that your car could splash through
> a big puddle on your first outing with your new rotors, or as they
> stated "on your way home from the new car dealer" and you would have
> warped rotors !
>
> Lou
> 64 B

Yeah, if you had just been hard on the brakes and they were fully heated
up... another good reason not use full braking power routinely on the street
(we've all seen these idiots who scream up to red lights and brake at the
last possible instant, trusting their admittedly robust braking systems by
pushing them to the limit).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149