RE: Ouch! Damn the Luck!

To: "'Mike Razor'" <mrazor@mis.net>, List MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ouch! Damn the Luck!
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:41:19 -0500
> Managed to back my Black MGA into the white garage door jam.  Big
> nasty 8 inch long stripes on the right rear fender.  Took some Turtle
> wax rubbing/cleaning compound and got the paint off, now I have a one
> foot round dull scratched spot, not sure which is worse.  Of course,
> all this under a 60 watt shop light bulb, may look even worse in the
> morning.  Any suggestions short of back to the paint shop (fairly new
> paint job).

You'll need to use progressively finer compounds to get it looking good
again.  A DA buffer would make quick work of it.

If you don't want to deal with it yourself, the paint shop or a
professional detailer would be able to take care of it in short order.

If you want to learn a bunch about paint care visit this site:
http://www.autopia.org/