Being cool

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Being cool
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:01:48 -0700
As I start collecting the last round of parts for the new incarnation
of my supercharged MGB motor, I'm coming up with more questions about
where it is advisable to spend money.

One thing that I'm planning on doing is moving my oil cooler down
below where it is, so that it is no longer blocking the radiator. This
brings up the question of which Oil Cooler to use. I believe that I
have the standard 13 row. Is it worth going up to a 16 or 19? If so,
am I better off getting one from one of the "standard dealers" or
taking an old oil cooler to a radiator shop and having them make me
something special.

Likewise, are the thermostatic controls for oil coolers worth the
investment? Does running cold oil for a couple more minutes cause that
much problem?

Would my money be better spent on an Accusump?

I'm also considering going to an electric fan. What experiences do
people have with them? Do any of the kits work better than others? How
does the temperature control on them work? Does it wire in to the
electric temperature guage?

--
                   Girling is not a verb.