Re: west coast MGA nuts help!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: west coast MGA nuts help!
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:53:27 -0700
The Blackhawk classic car collection is worth a detour. It's nowhere near
Monterey, but it's not that far out of your way starting from San Francisco,
if you head down via the east bay.

There is (or used to be) a fun store called Automobilia, attached to one of
the car dealerships on Van Ness in SF. It had vintage racing posters and
other auto-related memorabilia.

There is a classic car dealer in Monterey that might have some interesting
iron on display. They didn't seem to mind "looky-loos", at least not when I
was there last several years ago.

I'm not aware of any local activities that weekend -- I'll be down in LA
myself.

on 10/12/03 4:39 PM, Kevin Richards at mg.carma@verizon.net wrote:

> Hi there,
> my name is Kevin RIchards,
> my wife and I are coming out to the west coast for a brief vacation (I am
> playing vacation parasite on a work trip my wife is taking to a conference in
> San Francisco)
> We plan to drive to Monterrey (hope I spelled that correctly).

Nope  <g>

> We were hoping that before we go, we could get a list of possible cool
> brit-car shops, museums, shows, swapmeets, etc that may be going on next
> weekend.
>
> And of course, if anyone just wants to meet up to show us their MG or brit car
> collection, we would sure like to meet you.
>
> We are planning on hopefully renting a convertible so we can properly enjoy
> the driving along the coast....
> any suggestions of where to go for good rates/good cars?

No, just make sure you use a rental car company you're familiar with. My
parents were visiting once, and my mother thought my father would enjoy a
convertible, so she tried to reserve a Chrysler Sebring. The outifit (I
think it might have been Enterprise) said sure, no problem -- but when they
arrived in San Jose, the rental car company said they didn't have any
convertibles, had never had any convertibles, and had never had any Chrysler
products. Nice.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149