RE: Fw: Re; Emssions controls, or their lack of

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fw: Re; Emssions controls, or their lack of
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:45:00 -0500
Let's try this again.  I actually did send text the first time...

> used for secondary-air injection.  Since such air injection
> is only required
> during the engine's warm-up period, these pumps are switched using
> electro-magnet couplings.  Lower-priced blower pumps powered

FWIW, on the Jaguar XK engines, the air pump runs constantly as well,
but a valve is used to divert flow after a certain engine temp is
reached.  Whether the AIR is needed after warm up basically depends on
the whether or not you have a working cat.  Without a cat, the air will
always help.  With a cat, it's only needed until the cat lights off.