RE: Inevitable and probably over-asked tire questions

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Inevitable and probably over-asked tire questions
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:27:42 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com> wrote:
> I think
> you will find that most people on wires have
> followed the factory, which installed 5.5" wire
> wheels on the competition cars early on.

Yes, this makes sense.  Hendrix wire wheel sells the
5.5" wide 72 spoke wires, and they're reasonably
affordable at around $220 each, but I'm now leaning
toward chucking the idea of running on wires and
converting to bolt-on hubs.  As much as I hate to
abandon it, the original idea was purely a sentimental
one, and almost all of the sage and experienced
listers here tell me I'm going to have big problems
with the wires.  I'm leaning towards actually
listening for a change instead of plowing ahead and
finding things out the hard way.

But if anyone has any input, I always love to hear it.

Incidentally, I'm currently looking for a set of HS6
carbs so if anyone has a line on any before I buy new,
please holler!

Thanks all,

=====
Paul Misencik