Fuel fillers

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel fillers
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:58:50 -0400
I don't know how many on this list are the type to set the fuel filler into
the filler neck and leave it while refueling, but I picked up the habit
recently after seeing some other mgers do it.  I never thought it would work
but usually it does, with one caveat; while filling up this evening in high
winds, the filler fell out of the neck and landed on the ground still
pumping away at full force.  I spilled less then 1/2 gallon before I caught
it but it could have been much worse in terms of both spillage and fire.

Just a word of warning for anyone who is interested in such things.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8
85 Dodge Ram