Re: Exhaust sytem upgrade?

To: rdalbin@msn.com ("RICK ALBIN"), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust sytem upgrade?
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:29:46 -0400
In a message dated 10/22/2003 2:11:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rdalbin@msn.com
writes:

> I am considering installing headers and a Monza exhaust system on my 64 B.
> They would be installed at the time of an engine rebuild of
> a stock engine.
>
> Any thoughts  ?
>
> Rick

Rick,

We just had this discussion a few weeks ago, and it was brought up that
recently Grassroots Motorsports magazine did a dyno test of various MGB
improvements that discovered that headers do very little except expose the car
to additional failure modes (i.e., failure of the header pipes), indicating
that the existing head pipes are pretty good.  It did find that some exhausts,
such as the Peco, add a nice little kick, although the stainless steel version
did not.  To my memory they did not test the Monza, which is what I have.  I
BELIEVE it helped performance when I installed it, but that is a subjective
judgement.  The sound, however, is a vast improvement over stock.

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang