RE: Mos Distributor 143-110 with Super charger 150-068

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mos Distributor 143-110 with Super charger 150-068
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:52:45 -0700
Don:

The 143-110 Distributor was a Lucas model 41427 which was a 45D points type
distributor with the same operating characteristics as the 1962-67 MGB 25D
unit.  This centrifugal and vacuum advance curve seemed to work really well
with the blower.  The late Fed spec. distributors (1973-80) were designed for
emission use and although usable don't allow as much timing to be dialed in
before detonation.

The Lucas brand unit is no longer available and a company in England is using
the original tooling to produce a replacement unit which we now stock as the
143-115, we changed the part number to differentiate it from the Lucas product.

Unfortunately when a 143-115 unit was tested it did not perform to
specification due apparently to a manufacturing error.  Stock has been frozen
until we can get the units corrected.

So, unfortunately I'd suggest being a bit patient till we can get the problem
fixed and correct spec units on the shelf.

Kelvin.