Re: Water pump question and another

To: <BarrMark262@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water pump question and another
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:28:39 -0000
You don't need a vented petrol filler cap if you leave the tank vent open,
but leaving it open probably isn't a Good Idea.  At best it will deposit
fumes into the boot/trunk unless vented to the outside properly, and will
probably leak if the car is tipped up in an accident.  I'd seal it off - a
solid plug in the end of a short length of fuel-grade rubber hose and
secured with worm clips should suffice.

PaulH.