Re: Water pump question and another

To: BarrMark262@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water pump question and another
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:29:51 -0500
Dennis,
   Seems to me that the charcoal adsorbtion cannister is one of the
better emissions devices, so I retained the thing in my car.  If you
choose to eliminate it, a source of air to  replace fuel pumped from the
tank is necessary.  You could supply that air  via the fuel separator in
the trunk (though fumes in the trunk might be an issue)  or use a vented
gas cap.   To make a vented gas cap, cut a 1/4 inch section from the
rubber gasket, then rememer to screw on the cap with the cut upward.
Bob