Newbie Questions

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Newbie Questions
From: "ronking" <ronking@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:33:13 -0800
Picked up my 1971 MGB the other night, and now the questions begin.

First off, I'm starting from the rear of the car and working my way forward.
No real reason for this, just seemed like a good idea.
Anyway, here goes:

1. the vapor canister in the trunk has two braided lines.  One is connected to
a pipe coming up to the bottom of the trunk which matches the picture in the
Moss catalog, items #81 and #83.  However, the other line is supposed to be
connected to the fuel tank (or so the catalog says) but I don't see anything
in the trunk where it connects.  Any ideas?

2. the gas tank filler tube which goes from the gas cap to the tank is pretty
mangled on the gas cap end.  Doesn't look like Moss or VB stock this item.
Anybody got one or know where to get one?

3. Aside from Moss, VB, and JustBrits, who else is available for parts?

That's all for now.  TIA

Ron King
'71 MGB