Re: Turbo charging an MGB?

To: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@teradata-ncr.com>
Subject: Re: Turbo charging an MGB?
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:37:02 -0600
Brinkman, Gerardo V wrote:

>>I was trying to rack my brains to think if any
>>manufacturer has ever produced a turbocharged,
>>carburetted production vehicle.
>

>>From memory, the MG Metro Turbo had a turbo blowing
> through a single SU  Carb. The early Renaults, had a turbo
> and a Weber downdraft. Fiat had a turbo in the late '70s
> with a turbo, guessing it was a carb. The Fiat Spyder which
> cam eto the USA also had a turbo - was it FI?

I was wondering that. The Turbo for the Fiat was bolted on
'at the dock' was how it was always written up in magazines.
I always have this vision of the hoist setting the car down and
some guy popping the hood there and putting the turbo on. :-)

I think by that time however the Fiats were FI.

I think I also remember that the automatic transmission Fiat
Turbo was a tick or two faster than the 5-speed.

--
    ______
   /    _ \   Paul T. Root <proot@iaces.com>
||\/ ||  _ | Minneapolis, MN  55413