RE: Headlight Question/rant

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: Headlight Question/rant
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 08:48:36 -0800
I am not sure how thinner wire results in bulbs burning out more quickly?
Smaller gauge wire means  higher resistance in the electrical path, more
resistance means less voltage to the bulb.  Less voltage means less
current.  Less current means lower filament temperature.  Lower temperature
means longer life of the bulb.  Or am I missing something?  However, the
most interesting thing is the US motor industries continued stupidity to
adopt better technology.  They have such an enormous NIH attitude.  When I
bought my first American car in 1968 I asked for  "radials".  The salesman
had no idea what I was talking about and insisted there were no such
things.  I was racing on them 13 (THIRTEEN) years earlier !!!!  Oh god,
just realised that has dated me!!!!

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson