A nearly complete set of spare parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: A nearly complete set of spare parts
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:51:28 -0800
I'm sure that you're all familiar with shipfitters disease. Where you
start out repairing one part, and by the time that you're done you've
replaced everything. This happens to me with computers all the time. A
bigger harddrive leads to a new motherboard, processor, memory pretty
much everything but the case and the floppy drive gets replaced.

I expect that in my upgrading of my supercharged motor, in the near
future I will have nearly new, or restorable:

rods
crank
head (complete)
water pump,
oil pump
tin
carbs
elgin cam
distributors
and so forth. Pretty much everything but pistons and a block.

My previous motor made with these base components put about 75hp to
the ground, about 10 more than a typical chrome bumper MGB.

If anyone is on the cusp of a rebuild, has a spare block, or would be
interested, in a couple months in buying a rebuilt from spares motor,
let me know, or keep me in mind. I'm in Santa Cruz / the Bay Area
California.

Depending on how cheap you want to go, I even have some partial sets
of pistons that could probably be reused.

--
                   Girling is not a verb.