MGs as pets -or- heater question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGs as pets -or- heater question
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:08:13 -0500
My wife and I area moving into a new home. Yesterday, I took the
opportunity to park the MG for the winter in its brand new garage. As
soon as I turned the engine off and got out of the car, I heard the
sound of running water. I got down on my hands and knees to look under
the car. There was coolant leaking from under the car. I'm not sure if
the car was excited or simply marking its territory.

On the technical side, I poked around and the only coolant I could find
in the engine compartment was running down the outside of that drain
bulb that exits the bottom of the fresh air box. A little more
investigation revealed that coolant was running into the heater vents.
I assume that there must be a leak in the heater core. Am I right? I've
heard the assembly is a bear to remove & replace. Can anything be done
without removing it? I'm hoping to put this off until spring. But
wanted to ask while it was still fresh in my mind. Thanks.

Joseph
67 MGB Roadster