RE: Did I screw up?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Did I screw up?
From: "Carl Perry" <carl@full-sail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:21:50 -0600
You guys are great. I feel much better about what happened. The oil
level did seem a little high when I checked it later. Paul suggested the
fuel overflow pipe was blocked. I had put a new rubber clear tube on as
there wasn't one prior and it had bent and "folded" therefore blocking
it. I didn't think much of it but was going to reroute it. The knocking
doesn't start until the car has really warmed up leading me to think
it's oil related.  I'll change the oil asap and let you guys know how it
does after that. Thanks again for your suggestions and opinions.
Carl

<<
Can't help with the engine damage, but fuel pouring out of a carb with
the pump clicking indicates other problems which should be addressed
before doing anything with the engine, and may just have an effect on
your knocking.  If fuel was pouring out of the jet and then the intake
it indicates that the overflow pipe was blocked, which stops the float
rising to shut the float valve, so the pump just pumps it straight up
out of the jet.  If the overflow pipe was clear and it was just the
float valve that was faulty fuel would normally come out of the overflow
and onto the ground before coming up the jet.  Nothing to do with the
choke being stuck open or not.

PaulH.