Re: Did I screw up?

To: "Carl Perry" <carl@full-sail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Did I screw up?
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:41:51 -0000
Can't help with the engine damage, but fuel pouring out of a carb with the
pump clicking indicates other problems which should be addressed before
doing anything with the engine, and may just have an effect on your
knocking.  If fuel was pouring out of the jet and then the intake it
indicates that the overflow pipe was blocked, which stops the float rising
to shut the float valve, so the pump just pumps it straight up out of the
jet.  If the overflow pipe was clear and it was just the float valve that
was faulty fuel would normally come out of the overflow and onto the ground
before coming up the jet.  Nothing to do with the choke being stuck open or
not.

PaulH.