Alternator

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:34:43 -0500
My alternator bearings are whining ever since I held 6.5K RPM several
times during a driving school.  There is no affect yet on electrical
operation yet, but obviously it has to be addressed.  Does anyone have
observations to share about fixing the bearings as opposed to replacing
the unit?  It is about a 4 year old Lucas unit that has, until this
recent abuse, held up just fine.  I'd rather keep a known performer than
roll the dice with a new unit (had a couple bad "new" alternator
experiences).

Thanks,

Dean
Early '74 B-GT