RE: Boot lock & WPO

To: <wcam46@netzero.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Boot lock & WPO
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 18:18:31 -0600
Yup, been there. The lock or cam begins to wear and eventually there isn't
enough throw to open the boot.

Measure the distance between the center of one of the backup lights and the
center of the lock. Then bend a stiff rod in a U shape to match that
distance. Remove the backup light and fish the rod in through the opening
and eventually you'll be able to press in the latch using the rod.

Sometimes you might also be able to press the lock from the outside in just
enough to spring the latch.

Good luck,

Lew Palmer