Re: Distributor swap

To: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>, "Paul Root"
Subject: Re: Distributor swap
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:19:44 US/Mountain
Replying for Paul - the ideal ignition curve will highly depend on the cam
being used (and of course other inherent characteristics such as valve
size and compression ratio).  The best way to determine if one has the
best springs is to use a dyno, a lot of different springs, and a good ear
for ping.  One can do this with the porverbial "drive it up a known hill"
dyno, but it's not quite as definitive or as easy - but it is a lot
cheaper.

Phil Bates