Midget back in service

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget back in service
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:41:56 -0500
Hi Gang,
It's a snow day here in Tulsa and as I was
supposed to go to Midland Texas at oh-dark-thirty
this morning ... and didn't, I had a little time
to tune-up the Midget.

The car was running rough and missing at road
speed.  Being a British car, I applied proper LBC
maintenance; I changed the plugs, cap, rotor and
plug wires.  The coil is almost new.  Once the
newly gapped plugs were reinstalled, the little
guy fired off at the first touch of the starter.
The idle settled right in, a little high.  I
suspect it was idled up to compensate for the poor
state of tune.  I will bring the idle speed back
down and move the accelerator linkage a little as
I am not getting the last 10% or so of throttle.
(Remember, this is a Weber DGV conversion.)

Anyway, after warming it up around the
neighborhood, I drove down to my storage facility
and put the car away.  It drove like a new car!!!
I am quite impressed.  Can't wait now for top-down
weather!

Best regards,

Rick
'76 Midget