Re: alternator light

To: "Paul Hunt (T)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: alternator light
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:15:49 -0600
Paul,
The reason I suspected the float was too high, was that the car was having
difficulty starting (flooding). It would only start if I didn't pull out the
choke or push on the accelerator at all. Per instructions from the list, I
pulled the air chamber cover and noticed fuel leaking and draining into the
manifold. A thin black liquid was spitting out the tailpipe when I tried to
start it.
The battery is not flat;  it is new and the lights all work. The see-through
fuel filter has no fuel in it. The car turns over but will not fire.
I'll check out your other suggestions when I can get back to the garage
after the semester ends(We have 2 1/2 weeks off for Christmas).
Thanks for the advice.
Monte]