Refreshing the Tatty 'B

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Refreshing the Tatty 'B
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:56:24 +1030
Guys,

A quick poll here, if I may.

I have to tidy up my tatty little primrose 'B for the coming racing
season and have noticed some rust bubbles in the doglegs and a few
behind the front wheels where there are also some serious stone chips
from stones being flung up from the stupidly wide 205/60/14 tyres I ran
for a while.  I also have some serious scores down the doors (some track
related and some shopping centre carpark related... grrr).  I want to
patch up the rusty bits and smooth the doors.

As I haven't got the cash for a full paint job this year with other
priorities for the car, I have decided the cheapest way to freshen her
up once the minor repairs are done would be to simply renew the paint
from the chrome "plimsol line" strip down.  A cut and polish above that
line is all that is needed for the moment.

People had always asked if I was going to paint her another colour but I
am rather protective of her original primrose especially as there seem
to be so few about here any more (all of them having changed their spots
to British racing green or whatever).  BUT then I had a thought - why
not something a little different - why not think about TWO TONE.  Yes, I
know it isn't an original thought and it certainly ain't original for
the species, but it is FRESH for me and I can always go back to her
original colour somewhere down the track when I get a PROPER paintjob
done.

But what colour do I go for the bottom half of the car?

Here is where I ask for some help or kindly suggestions (if the whole
idea revolts you, please try to contain yourself :-).

IF you were to go crazy and decide to go TWO TONE on a primrose MGB -
what colour would YOU go for the bottom half?

Here were some ROUGH thoughts of mine... no, these would not be the
EXACT colours of the paint... just a five minute Photoshop effort for
brainstorming purposes.

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/mgracing/refresh/

Any thoughts?

I was going for a snazzy dark green to start with - but check out the
dark grey... that looks rather attractive!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII