Re: Refreshing the Tatty 'B

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Refreshing the Tatty 'B
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:33:29 -0800
[A Photoshop hint: make your color overlay layer transparent, or set the
blend mode to Multiply or Hue... I see Paul has the idea]

The first question is: two-tone, abomination or charming eccentricity?

The next question (assuming the latter response) is: what color works with
primrose in a two-tone?

Considering primrose as definitely a "period" color, and as a soft pastel, I
would rule out "flashy" colors, fully saturated colors, "mod" colors, "hot"
colors, and white...

Pewter gray seems to be on the right track. A medium-to-dark maroon might be
a possibility. Or a soft medium gray-green.

Just think of a Morris Minor panel van -- what would be an appropriate
scheme for that?

Then the question is, is that a remotely appropriate scheme for a race car
(or any vehicle with sporting pretensions)?

Hmmm, I can't help but think this would be a lot easier if your car was
white, or black, or anything but primrose <g>.

Good luck...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149