Re: head advice needed

To: "Aaron Whiteman" <aaronw@wsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: head advice needed
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:18:09 -0000
One thing to be aware of is that putting hardened seats in a head introduces
a thermal break that makes the seat and valve run hotter than before.  The
seat and valve material should be chosen with this in mind, but if cheaper,
although still harder materials than the original are used you can get
problems.  This is at least the third case of problems with a modified head
I have come across in recent months.

PaulH.