Re: Hardened Valve Seats

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hardened Valve Seats
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:33:04 -0800 (PST)
--- Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com> wrote:
> Are you saying that you cannot attach dual sidedraft
> Webers to a regular
> iron 1800 head? I seriously doubt that contention --
> I can recall seeing
> that setup many years before the crossflow heads
> were available.

I don't know about this.  The crossflow cylinder heads
have been available for a long, long, long time.  They
were originally made by Derrington, and although I'm
not sure precisely when they were developed, I think
they are almost as old as the MGB itself.

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project
Huntersville, NC  USA