Re: Hardened Valve Seats

To: MGBnutt@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardened Valve Seats
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:10:17 EST
In a message dated 10/01/2004 10:06:24 AM Pacific Standard Time, MGBnutt
writes:

> Can't you put side-draft Webers on regular head?

It's a bit hard to use more than one DCOE series on a head that just has 2
ports! And before some smart guy brings up the use of two DCOEs  in 'split'
configuration, I am aware of that, it is more common on racing Minis, and it
sure
isn't going to be used on a street head.

So if you have cast iron head (which is what we were talking about in the
valve seat thread), you can only have one Weber, singular - which is why the
reference to 'Webers' means that the original poster has an alloy head, or has
cast iron head and just wasn't awake when he posted that message.

Bill