Re: Carburetor Info

To: Norm <twobees@sprynet.com>, MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Carburetor Info
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:53:21 -0800 (PST)
Norm opened my eyes to the fact that the SVRA will
allow you to run dual DCOE's with a crossflow head in
their vintage racing events (although it bumps you up
in class).  I asked Jack Woehrle (SVRA's Technical
Director) if I could run dual SU's with that head
instead of the Webers and he acted like I was insane:

"Well, of course you can" he said, "but why on earth
would you want to do that?"

He seemed to think the 1.75" SU's would be a waste of
time on an x-flow.  I told him I liked SUs and that I
know them and just feel partial to them.  Plus, since
the car will remain street legal, I though dual SUs
with a x-flow head would give me a good blend of
driveability and streetability and power.

His reply was something along the lines of "Hey,
whatever.  It's your car."

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project