Carburetor Info

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <sbumpus@shaw.ca>
Subject: Carburetor Info
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:15:07 -0500
Scott:

If the 44 in the Mikuni refers to throat size as it does with Webers, it
should be fine.  It is a dual throat carb isn't it? (I'm not that familiar
with Mikuni's.) You would be better with more carburation if you're racing.
For that, dual Weber 45 DCOE's is the ideal setup on the x-flow.   I am now
running a single 45 DCOE on the 5-port head.

I ran dual 1-3/4" SU's on my B with x-flow.  They were fine for the street,
and pretty good for racing.  But, I'll be installing dual 45 DCOE's when I
re-install the x-flow.  I want to try that setup at Lime Rock to see how much
under 1:10 I can get with a street MGB.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB