re: heater replacement 79 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: heater replacement 79 B
From: "Michael W. Jose" <michaelwjose@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:41:49 -0700
Thanks to everyone who has replied already, it's been a good start.
I had a good thought though: does anyone know if the spridget heater valve
adapter plate is the same size as the MGB one is? I was thumbing through a
catalogue and looked at it.  It is a plate that bolts to the top of the
head, and is threaded to accept the valve.  I tried to get the one off my
sprite to check, but it fell apart in my hand.  I didnt' have time to
measure it, but it looked almost the same, somewheres around 1 1/4" from
bolt to bolt.  Anyone know for sure how big this is? If they are the same, I
could plumb something from the threaded side to an in-line heater valve.
easy.
TIA, and I'll try to measure.
Mike Jose
79B driver
66 sprite on blocks
chandler az

High-speed usersbe more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet