safe driving tip

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: safe driving tip
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:30:27 -0800 (PST)
If you are behind a truck that appears to have a load
which is not properly secured, get completely away
from the truck.

Today, during my commute, I saw a door in the bed of a
pickup get picked up by the wind, somersaulted and
crash onto the center lane of I-280 SB leaving San
Francisco. The door had two panes of glass, I heard
the sound of broken glass. I was going northbound at
the time - I cannot imagine the chaos that was to
follow, there was a lot of traffic in all lanes.

In some ways it was a relief that it hit the pavement
and didn't go through someone's windshield, or hit a
motorcyclist.

I wonder if the driver of the truck even realized what
happened, he may not have heard the crash.

James
74 MGB