Re: Off topic - Playing CDs

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Off topic - Playing CDs
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:21:22 -0800
Hmmm, perhaps you are not aware that the reason "autoplay" is frequently
turned off by default was because at one time there was a family of
"autoplay worms" which copied themselves onto data CDs; then, when you would
insert the CD, the worm would run automatically, infecting your system so
that any data CDs that you subsequently burned would also carry the worm (as
well as other deleterious effects). Even some commercial software fell
victim to this worm.

But you may not feel this is relevant to your situation.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149