RE: Clutch Pedal Needed

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Pedal Needed
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 03:43:35 -0500
We did it all the time at the shop I used to work for.  In actuality it
takes about 10 minutes to do.  And that includes setting up the welder and
finding a drill bit.  It doesn't have to be an exact measurement, just fill
in the hole, grind smooth, drill new hole close to where old hole was,
paint, install.  If you aren't equipped to weld, that is another story, but
there is no voodoo here, it is a very straight forward fix, and is probably
necessary on 95% of the clutch and brake pedals in existence.  Also be sure
to check the clevis pins, and the MC pushrods, since the three parts are all
connected together, they generally all wear about the same.  Usually the
pushrods are easier to replace than to fix, and the pins are only a
replacement only. If you only fix one, you won't usually see much
difference.  If you are having clutch travel problems then you will need to
fix all three (barring a fault elsewhere).

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer