Re: Fw: Rear end swap-Saab rear disc brake set-up

To: "Dan Furbish" <Barn.Owl@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: Rear end swap-Saab rear disc brake set-up
From: "larryrex" <larryrex@awesomenet.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:36:36 -0600
 Seems like to many coins, just to prevent
 dust.
 My I suggest you save the cash and just drag
 your left foot for whatever extra stopping
 power that may come from the swap.

 remeber we be tight!!!! ha ha

 Larry rex

From: "G.G. Causey" <ggcausey@comcast.net>

Just use a narrowed 8.8-inch Ford rear axle, which can get you disk brakes,
limited-slip diff, and an assortment of gear ratios to choose from. Readily
available replacement parts, and your local hot-rod shop knows how to do it.
~Jerry

> There is 1 thing about this Saab disc brake set-up that needs attention;
> How do you install something to use as a parking brake to comply with
> most states inspection process?
> If someone has an answer please let us know.
>
> The purists out there will obviously frown on the whole idea.
>
> But those of us that want to upgrade the rear brakes of our B's and BGT's
> or folks that install V8's or V 6's that need more braking, and those of us
>with
> tons of time on our hands say hey let's do it!
>
> Dan

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]