Re: HIF too rich

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HIF too rich
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:03:32 -0000
Stuck enrichment valve? (A separate valve on the HIF and not obtained by
adjusting the main jet as on the HS).  Is the jet going up and down with the
adjusting screw?  You should be able to get them to rise above the bridge,
and the correct position is usually close to the starting position of two
full turns of the screw down from flush with the bridge.  Are the needles
positioned equally and correctly in the pistons?  And are they the same
number!?  Are the float heights equal and correct?  Are both valve operating
correctly i.e. with the engine off and the ignition on the pump clicks less
than once in 30 secs and there is nothing coming out of the overflow vents?
If the overflow pipes are on the vents are they both clear?  A blocked
overflow pipe will cause fuel to be pumped straight up out of the jet.

PaulH.