Awakening the dead

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Awakening the dead
From: "Bill Collier" <wmcollier@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 06:47:32 -0800
It is time to rise and shine!
I purchased an 80 MGB LE recently that the previous owner had parked for about
8 years. Unfortunately the gas was not drained before storing.

What is the bet way to clean out the gas tank?
I have been thinking of putting a few gallons of diesel in the tank and
circulating it out and back into the tank with a fuel pump?
Would diesel ruin the original fuel pump? ( if i can kick start it)
Will an 80 respond to de-toxing like a twin carb or will it requite a weber or
twin SU's to liven up the performance?

Appreciate any suggestions.