Re: Awakening the dead

To: "Bill Collier" <wmcollier@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Awakening the dead
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:07:02 -0000
Pumping out using the normal outlet pipe - on-car pump or not - will still
leave an inch or so of gunge sloshing around that if it bad enough to
warrant flushing out in the first place is still likely to get sucked up
when running after filling up with new fuel, albeit diluted.  Likewise
Diesel.  If you want to do a proper job remove the tank and empty it
completely.  If the tank has several gallons in it again I wouldn't use the
existing pump to empty it as it will put said gunge into the pump and lines.
I know petrol in a Diesel is not good as it does not have the same
lubrication properties and can cause rapid wear in the pumps etc., but I
wouldn't put Diesel in my petrol cars either.

De-smogging will result in an improvement, fitting twin SUs will result in
further improvement.  Webers are not really any better than SUs on a
standard engine and can be worse.

PaulH.