Re: Hard top liner

To: "Al Dufault" <adufault@nycap.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hard top liner
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:48:27 -0800
Al,

My headliner was shot so I took out the fibre board thing which was pretty
easy.  I then went to the people who upholstered our settee.  They had a
catalog of headliners - amazing selection from standard GM and Ford to
expensive custom stuff.  I picked one to match my new interior - it had a
thin layer of foam.  Then the chap explained how to stick it down on the
curved fibre headliner thing.  Start in the middle and not allow it to
touch anywhere - work out from the middle - carefully!!  Obviously it
needed practice to do it right so I asked "How much" he said $20
(Cdn!).  Well as the spray can of 3M stuff was $15 it was a vacant skull
decision.  He did a superb job.  But just try and get the sucker
back!!!!!  I had my wife help but I could not get it back in.  As it (MGB
GT) had to go get tailgate and front glass put in, I asked the blokes there
to put in headliner.  They did - but I noticed they had cut a little bit
off!!!!!!

At 05:24 AM 2/22/2004, Al Dufault wrote:
>I am sending the B to the paint shop on Monday.  One thing I would like to do
>is put a new head liner in the hardtop.  Has anyone doe this?  I have heard
>that some of the aftermarket top suppliers use a thin felt liner.  Do you
>know
>who is a supplier of this material?
>Thanks,
>Al