72B hood opener

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72B hood opener
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:21:09 -0700
On my 72B restoration, it is now perhaps 90% complete. One dilemma I have
is how to install the hood prop. My 71BGT didn't have one and as near as I
can tell the 72B didn't either. I have all the Moss parts I need - the
telescopic hood prop, bracket, spacer, bolt, and nut.

And yes, I have Clausager's Original MGB. It indicates the hood prop would
likely go on the driver (carb) side although there were not very many
pictures of US models. One picture shows a 71 model with driver side hood
prop but I cannot tell what it attaches to on the lower end. It appears to
be another bracket piece of some kind that attaches to the body? I have the
spacer and bolt that would attach to whatever it is.

Can someone enlighten me as to what this part may look like or how it may
attach to the body? Even better yet if someone has a spare although I
suppose I may have the part without realizing it since I don't know what it
looks like.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B