RE: 72B hood opener

To: "'David Councill'" <dcouncil@imt.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 72B hood opener
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:36:41 -0500
David, the bottom of the bonnet prop rod attaches to tab that is welded
underneath the interface between the fender and body and hangs down about
1.5 inches.  I think it is between the second and third bolts forward.  I
have seen some cars without this piece, whether it was missing originally or
not, I don't know.  I have seen replacements bought/fabricated and bolted in
but that never seems to hold up as well as welding.  I know that isn't much
consolation for someone with fresh paint.  If you don't get any takers with
dimensions of where the part is located, I will measure it tomorrow and
email it to you.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer