Rear Bumper Assembly

To: "MGB List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Bumper Assembly
From: "Ron King" <ronking@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:35:38 -0800
First mistake (sure it won't be the last) on the rebuild/restoration, forgot
to write down/take pictures on how the rear bumper assembly goes back to
together.  My "B" has the following rear bumper components: rear bracket
mount, spring bracket, flat washer, rubber donut, tow eye/bracket, and the
bumper.

I believe the order is: rear bracket mount, tow eye, flat washer, rubber
donut, and then spring bracket which of course is attached to the bumper.
Yes/no?

Secondly, I've got two plastic tee'd vents in the trunk, with both going
through the trunk floor. One is connected to the fuel pump, but the other
isn't connected to anything under the car.  I've looked at various catalogs
and don't see any reference to this "second vent".  However, in Clausager's
Original MGB on page 28 there does appear to be 2 tee'd vents in the trunk of
the '71 B.  Anybody got a clue what the "second vent" is supposed to be
connected to?????

TIA
Ron King
1971 MGB