Has this ever happened to any one on the list?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Has this ever happened to any one on the list?
From: "Scott Regel" <Scott.Regel@dpra.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:00:33 -0600
I had my second 63 MGB in College and lent it to my brother to go see a
local High School football game.  Later that night I received a call
from him saying the car seized up and he skidded to the side of the
road.  After towing the car back (not going to go there) I gave it a
close inspection.  What I found still makes me wonder how it could have
happened...the dip stick sank halfway down into the pan and became
lodged in the crank.  How is this possible?  It has always been in the
back of my mind because I still can't figure out how it happened.  There
is a sleeve that keeps the stick from slipping into the pan.  Any
insight?  Just wondering.

Thanks

Scott and Spot
76B