Re: tappet cover replacement

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: tappet cover replacement
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 14:07:29 -0600
   I used the cork gaskets on the tappet covers when I built my engine,
used silicone gasket cement on them.. After the assy had sat overnight,
I tightened the bolts up some more.  The cork gaskets collapse a bit,
y'see.  That was >5 years ago and no leaks yet.

   Trouble with that one piece cover is that you may have to make other
equipment changes if you install it.

   Cheers,

    CR