Re: Who designed the location of...

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: Who designed the location of...
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:06:19 -0800 (PST)
--- Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com> wrote:
> It'd be nice to rig up cables permanently
> somehow so they run from
> the battery to the front compartment with some kind
> of terminal there.

Yeah!  What a good idea!  I wonder why automakers
don't get together and come up with some kind of
"standardized" plug for jump starting.  Something that
is always grounded correctly, always located similarly
(like on both sides of the front bumper, with a cover
that hid them when not in use), with a red plug and a
black plug, and then jumper cables could be made with
the universal ends that just mated right up to the
standardized plug.

A 7500 sq. ft. home less than a mile away from my
house burned to the ground last week because some guy
was jump starting his BMW and apparently the battery
blew up, catching a big can of fuel and then
eventually getting the whole blasted house.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit