Re: Who designed the location of...

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Who designed the location of...
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:17:57 -0500
Yes, well, necessity is the mother of invention!

Actually what I'd like to see first, and if had contacts in the car
industry I'd try to turn it into a product...

My cell phone charger has a big cigarette-lighter adapter.
My son's game boy has a big cigarette-lighter adapter.
My portable <insert product here> has a big cigarette-lighter adapter.

Why can't we do away with the cigarette lighter adapters and have some
shareable 12-volt power source INSIDE the vehicle with small convenient
plugs (not these monster adapters) where you can have more than one at a
time (for safety, they would be limited to a certain number of amps - large
draw items would still require the full adapter)?  And it wouldn't get
accidentally pulled out of the socket, and...

- Tab