Re: Who designed the location of the %*#)(@% bleed valve on a

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Who designed the location of the %*#)(@% bleed valve on a
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:30:38 -0800
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but it bears repeating......the new
MGB clutch slave cylinders supplied by Moss (and probably the other vendors
as well, though we seldom deal with anyone but Moss) come with the bleed
screw fitted in the wrong hole. Whether this is in the interests of getting
the cylinder conveniently in the box, or whether the cylinder is designed
primarily for another vehicle where the cylinder mounts differently, we have
never determined.

However, the fact remains that the nipple must be moved to the other hole
before installation or (a) the hose has to be unnaturally kinked to be
installed and (b) the system will be hard to bleed because the nipple is not
at the highest point on the cylinder.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center